The Casting Operator is tasked with assisting the Production Supervisor with achieving all established safety, environmental, quality, production and financial goals on a facility-wide basis. Individual should be well rounded and able to perform many of the different tasks associated with running the facility as a Battery Breaker, Casting Operator, Baghouse Operator, Aqua Refining Operator, and/or shipping and receiving functions.
• Heavy lifting throughout a 12-hour shift.
• Continuous movement while wearing respirator and proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Perform job duties in high temperatures.
• Continuous loading of lead acid batteries onto conveyer.
• Operate breaker and take charge of continuous cleaning of the machinery.
• Transporting of product using the forklift.
• Safety - Proven ability to recognize safety as the organization’s highest priority. Able to follow all department and plant safety and health rules. Wear all safety equipment required such as respirators, safety glasses, metatarsal boots, gloves, face shields and hearing protection.
• Teamwork - Balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit; support everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Culture - Background that is committed to developing and maintaining a work culture that breeds trust in fellow employees and commitment to contributing to the success of the company as outlined in the organization’s mission statement.
• The ability to operate mobile equipment in a safe manner.
• Problem Solving - Develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Knowledgeable of baghouse procedures. Know and observe proper standard operation procedures (SOP) for operations of the baghouse and scrubber. Know and understand all startup/shutdown operations and malfunctions SOP for baghouse cells, fans, scrubbers, dampers, bag changes and shakers.
• Possess good working knowledge of casting and the hazards associated with the casting process.
• Able to carry out duties without supervision for periods of time.
• Able to use knowledge of system to solve problems and maintain operations.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focus on solving conflict, not blaming; maintain confidentiality; Keep emotions under control; remain open to others' ideas.
• Oral Communication - Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; respond well to questions.
• Written Communication - Write clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Ethics - Treat people with respect; work ethically and with integrity; uphold organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follow policies and procedures; support organization's goals and values.
• Professionalism - Approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Able to work any shift.
• Dependability – Commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
• Innovation - Display original thinking and creativity; meet challenges with resourcefulness; generate suggestions for improving work; develop innovative approaches and ideas.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for extended periods.
• Up to one month related experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of work and training.