The only way to do great work is to love what you do. -- Steve Jobs
The AquaFit Electrical & PLC Technician is a skilled, multi-craft professional responsible for all aspects of the
lead-recycling AquaRefining electrolyzer’s output. This professional is required to work on the manufacturing
floor in a lead HazMat environment providing subject matter expertise and troubleshooting with electrical and some
PLC, as well as work at client sites domestically and internationally. Should be able to execute equipment
specifications using P&ID; must provide immediate added value and display the entrepreneurial spirit to advance
the vision of this start-up organization. Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) operator experience is required
(Additional skill and experience with HMI software, Allen-Bradley or similar, is a valued plus but not a
requirement). Travel is required to work at client sites domestically and internationally. Position requires three to
four years direct experience in a manufacturing setting with electrical assembly and troubleshooting from 24 to 480
volts, mechanical function (assembly, installation, troubleshooting) and safe and experienced use of hand tools.
This person must be committed to lead HazMat mitigation practices including wear of full PPE with full-face
respirator (Tyvek suit, hard hat, etc.). Monthly and periodic lead level testing is required, and the highest level of
lead mitigation includes custom mask fit from a medical professional, full shower, and locker room facilities on-site
to decontaminate, as well as ongoing safety training.
This professional must ensure individual and team results within a small, highly collaborative, and results-oriented
team including other technicians, engineers, and high-level leadership. This professional must be results oriented,
open to travel domestically or globally in the future, and at times be able to execute results independently to meet
the client lead-recycling needs. Additional preferred (not required) skillsets include some knowledge of chemistry,
three to four years of PVC pipefitting (1/2 inch to 6 inch), forklift operation, and experience with plastic welding.
This is an hourly position and will play a key role leading Aqua Metals to its next level of organizational evolution
with goal to increase global lead production without increasing emissions using AquaRefining.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES, & DELIVERABLES:
1. Responsible for providing electrical know-how to assemble, disassemble, transport, install and correct
electrical problems and inefficiencies with the recycling module using appropriate tools and meters. Install and
maintain wiring, control, and power systems in compliance with National Electrical Code (NEC). Inspect and
understand electrical distribution components (switchgear, panelboards, transformers, other electrical
components). Must identify electrical problems in all circuitry using electrical theory and standard industry
accepted methods to avoid electrical hazards. Correctly identify voltage and current nomenclature on
equipment. Safely troubleshoot and repair systems using voltages from 24, 120, 277, and 480 volts AC/DC
2. Must correctly operate and provide user level troubleshooting programmable logic controller (PLC)
troubleshooting with a computer using Allen Bradley software. (Basic understanding of control logic, ladder
logic, shorthand labeling, as well as analog/digital controls is a valued plus but not a requirement).
3. (preferred, not required) Multi-craft deliverables include high-level mechanical aptitude, electrical, HMI
controls, stick welding, reading/executing in accordance with P&ID. Responsible to repair equipment
malfunctions in a timely manner identifying the root cause to find permanent repairs.
4. Proficient with reading, interpreting, and executing equipment specifications using P&ID, basic
blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, bills of materials, and other instructions to accurately assemble and
troubleshoot equipment. Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering
5. (preferred) Safely and efficiently operate forklift to ensure successful deployment of AquaRefining
6. (preferred) Apply basic chemistry knowledge.
7. Supporting an engineering department with the operations of equipment.
8. Maintain inventory of product in workstations.
9. Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards.
10. Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
11. Maintain a clean and safe work area
12. Supervisory responsibilities: None
GENERAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES, & DELIVERABLES:
• SAFETY: always take ownership of and operate safely; be alert, observe, correct, and report unsafe
conditions/incidents; ensure completion and documentation for appropriate task training, such as all
equipment, vehicles, systems, or any safety requirements; comply with safety program. Required to meet
all safety requirements for domestic and international travel, as well as client-site safety requirements.
• MISSION: align all behavior, habits, and actions toward Aqua Metals mission; goal-oriented
• ETHICS: treats people with respect; works ethically with integrity; exercises due diligence
• TEAMWORK: balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others'
views; gives and welcomes constructive feedback; contributes to building a positive and collaborative team
spirit; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; demonstrate professional, solution-oriented demeanor and
communication during all interactions; facilitate communication between all stakeholders
• CULTURE: commit daily to developing a work culture that cultivates trust, collaboration, and results
• PROBLEM SOLVING: works alone or in groups to develop solutions; apply reason and critical thinking
• ATTENDANCE: regular attendance, reporting promptly and appropriately for work, meetings/training,
follow time off procedures
• COMMUNICATION: write/speak clearly and professionally in all situations; participates attentively to
questions and problems with all people; initiate questions and feedback
• demonstrate understanding of company, departmental policies/procedures, as well as adhere to changes;
follow employee handbook, which includes and is not limited to Anti-Bullying, Anti-Harassment, Violence
in the Workplace, and Guidelines for Appropriate Conduct
• follow operating procedures and comply with all regulatory requirements (federal, state, local, other)
• adhere to professional appearance, dress, and uniform standards; always wear appropriate personal
protective equipment (PPE) while on production floor (Tyvek suit)
• complete other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma degree or equivalent experience
• Basic reading skills. Must be able to follow directions.
• Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
• Ability to apply critical thinking, problem solving, and reasoning; think to produce new concepts/ideas
• High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally; ability to meet all requirements for domestic and
• 3-4 years’ experience operating safely in industrial manufacturing setting working with hazardous
• 3-4 years’ electrical experience in an industrial manufacturing setting.
• 3-4 years’ human machine interface (HMI) hardware experience and programmable logic controller (PLC)
troubleshooting. Experience with Allen-Bradley or similar software.
• 3-4 years’ experience reading and executing equipment builds using P&ID in an industrial manufacturing
• 1-year experience safely operating forklift in an industrial manufacturing setting.
• Basic understanding of chemistry
• 3-4 years’ experience using hand tools; thorough knowledge of tool inspection and safety
• (preferred) 3-4 years of mechanical assembly experience
• 3-4 years’ experience reading and executing P&ID Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams in industrial
• (preferred) 3-4 years’ experience forklift, scissor lift, and other similar equipment
• meet physical requirements outlined in physical and work environment requirements listed below.
• SOFTWARE/HARDWARE: Microsoft Office suites; email, internet, adobe, etc., as well as varying
specific company software platforms; computer (desk and laptop), phone, fax, copier, scanner, and other
related office equipment (audio/video/media equipment)
• Basic computer navigation and utilization skills; TYPING/DATA ENTRY of 25 words per minute
• identification that establishes the right to work in the United States; identification that establishes identity