Aqua Metals Industrial General Maintenance Technician will fix and maintain machines, mechanical equipment, and buildings. This employee will also perform predictive, preventative, and break down maintenance, and repairs all the plant’s process and auxiliary equipment. The person in this position may paint, repair flooring, work on plumbing, minor electrical, and other facility/factory equipment and fixtures. General maintenance and repair workers often carry out many different tasks in a single day. The job tasks are industrial in nature and may require exposure to temperature extremes, wetness/humidity, common industrial hazards of electrical, mechanical, and stored energy in the form of springs or flywheels, compressed gases, and various acids and caustic chemicals. Work will require use of PPE mandated and provided by the company to reduce known hazards.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using sound judgement in developing and implementing a repair strategy.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices using various hand and power tools. Understand power tool use and care.
- Should be competent welding in at least one of the following methods: TIG, MIG, ARC weld “stick” on all types of metals.
- The candidate will be able to perform all the tasks noted in the summary section above at a craftsmanship like manner with minor supervision.
- Able to work required shift times and hours. Willing to respond to call-in requests. Maintain good attendance, be in the shop, dressed out and ready work at the start of the shift.
- Always work safely using all PPE required for electro-mechanical, chemical, and all known hazardous in the workplace. Use power tools, ladders, mobile equipment, scissor lifts, man lifts, and all other equipment in a consistently safe manner.
- Work well with other trades, able to maintain good working relationships and collaborate with co-workers in every situation. Always be professional in use of language, appearance, attire, and attitude.
- Understand the dangers of all voltages from 24 to 120, 277, 480, and 600-volt AC/DC circuits.
- Assist as needed in the repair of production equipment malfunctions in a timely manner, helping to identify the root cause so as effect permanent repairs.
- Assist in the modification of equipment.
- Have a basic understanding of various instructions, drawings, facility blueprints, manufacturer cut-sheets, OEM manuals, technical service bulletins, and other professional information in the performance of job duties.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds while ascending and descending.
- Enter work data on work order forms
- Able to work efficiently and productive in a team setting.
- Performs maintenance preventive maintenance procedures by following instructions and reading guidelines.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Adheres to company hygiene program procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Comfortable with computers. Able to research online resources for PDF manuals and technical information.
- Other assigned tasks as required by supervision.
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance on mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment in the facility.
- Troubleshoot and repair all mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Assist in management of spare parts and tool inventories by signing out parts or informing supervisor of parts needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely but safe manner
- Follow all safety and hygiene practices and rules
- Able to read blue prints and installation instructions on equipment.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist in the design and modification of equipment.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Prefer trade school experience with a general maintenance focus, or other significant general maintenance hands-on experience which would supplant trade school qualification.
- Basic understanding of motors, conveyors, hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical equipment.
- Basic understanding of electrical concepts.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Must be able to pass significant interview involving knowledge and experience.
- Be physically able to climb stairs, ladders, and work at elevated heights. Must be able to identify colors and read/write English well.
- Must be able to find the root cause of issues and think logically about solutions
- Proven maintenance experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Related degree from a technical school or work experience in a production environment
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills and wrenches
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices
- Experience performing routine maintenance
- Able to work efficiently and productive in a team setting
SKILS, KOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED