The AquaFit Engineering Technician will be responsible for assembling and installing the electrolyzer, which requires use of hand tools, minor fabrication, installing PVC pipe, making any modifications (cutting pipe/installing replacement pipe), and supporting the engineering team to ensure successful operation. This position will play a key role leading Aqua Metals to its next level of organizational evolution with goal to increase global lead production without increasing emissions using AquaRefining.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES, & DELIVERABLES:
- Read, interpret, and follow P&ID, basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
- Ability to operate and inspect equipment
- Utilize handheld tools, such as a handheld screw and drill gun
- Install PVC piping
- Supporting an engineering department with the operations of equipment
- Maintain inventory of product in workstations
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Welding not required, but preferred
- Supervisory responsibilities: None
GENERAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES, & DELIVERABLES:
- SAFETY: always take ownership of and operate safely; be alert, observe, correct, and report unsafe conditions/incidents; ensure completion and documentation for appropriate task training, such as all equipment, vehicles, systems, or any safety requirements; comply with safety program
- MISSION: align all behavior, habits and actions toward Aqua Metals mission; goal-oriented
- ETHICS: treats people with respect; works ethically with integrity; exercises due diligence
- TEAMWORK: balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes constructive feedback; contributes to building a positive and collaborative team spirit; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; demonstrate professional, solution-oriented demeanor and communication during all interactions; facilitate communication between all stakeholders
- CULTURE: commit daily to developing a work culture that cultivates trust, collaboration and results
- PROBLEM SOLVING: works alone or in groups to develop solutions; apply reason and critical thinking
- ATTENDANCE: regular attendance, reporting promptly and appropriately for work, meetings/training, follow time off procedures
- COMMUNICATION: write/speak clearly and professionally in all situations; participates attentively to questions and problems with all people; initiate questions and feedback
- demonstrate understanding of company, departmental policies/procedures, as well as adhere to changes; follow employee handbook, which includes and is not limited to Anti-Bullying, Anti-Harassment, Violence in the Workplace, and Guidelines for Appropriate Conduct
- follow operating procedures and comply with all regulatory requirements (federal, state, local, other)
- adhere to professional appearance, dress and uniform standards; always wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) while on production floor (Tyvek suit)
- complete other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma degree or equivalent experience
- Basic reading skills. Must be able to follow directions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to apply critical thinking, problem solving, and reasoning; think to produce new concepts/ideas
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- 3-4 years’ experience using hand tools; thorough knowledge of tool inspection and safety
- 3-4 years direct experience in industrial manufacturing
- 3-4 years’ experience pipefitting in industrial manufacturing
- 3-4 years’ experience welding in industrial manufacturing
- 3-4 years’ experience with PVC installation and repair in industrial manufacturing
- 3-4 years of mechanical assembly experience
- 3-4 years’ experience reading and executing P&ID Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams in industrial manufacturing environment
- 3-4 years’ experience forklift, scissor lift, and other similar equipment
- meet physical requirements outlined in physical and work environment requirements listed below
- SOFTWARE/HARDWARE: Microsoft Office suites; email, internet, adobe, etc., as well as varying specific company software platforms; computer (desk and laptop), phone, fax, copier, scanner, and other related office equipment (audio/video/media equipment)
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills; TYPING/DATA ENTRY of 25 words per minute
- identification that establishes the right to work in the United States; identification that establishes identity
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: It is essential to adhere to safety guidelines (use of personal protective equipment, safety policies and procedures). Physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, and the company will consider varying requirements whenever necessary. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in the office. When in the field, appropriate hearing protection may be needed.
HUMAN RESOURCES JOB-RELATED INFORMATION: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.