A chemical engineer will work in a fast pace collaborative environment, regularly interacting with operations, control, and chemistry departments.
- Design equipment configuration adapting the process technologies involved and taking environmental and economic aspects into account.
- Work closely with process chemists/engineers and control engineers to ensure the process is set up to provide maximum output levels and efficient running of the production facility by providing BFD, PFD, P&ID.
- Set up scale-down processes including appropriate changes for equipment design and configuration.
- Design, install and commission new production plants, including monitoring developments and troubleshooting.
- Optimize production by analyzing processes and compiling de-bottleneck studies.
- Ensure that potential safety issues related to the project operator, the environment, the process and the product are considered at all stages.
- Identify and carry out improvements to existing processes.
- Identify critical parameters and control ranges.
- Develop simple and robust process controls and analytics.
- Assist in development of new processes.
- Identify best process and equipment solutions.
- Troubleshoot production process issues.
- Test new processes in the plant.
- Oversee the construction of new processes.
- Use and/or develop process simulation software to work out the best production methods.
- Specify process equipment.
- Use scientific principles to mass balance, heat and mass transfer etc.
- Ensure that equipment works to its specification and to appropriate capacities.
- Assess safety and environmental issues.
- Liaison with installation/project engineers and specialists.
- Ensuring safe working conditions and compliance with health and safety legislation.
The incumbent will have meaningful previous engineering experience in chemical process industries
- Experience in Chemical Process Industry
- CAD skills and experience (Preferred)
- Knowledge of chemistry, statistics
- Advanced computer literacy
- Ability to communicate and engage effectively within and outside of the company
- Project Management Experience
Experience and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Electrochemical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in related industry
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office. When in the field, appropriate hearing protection may be needed. Will be working with lead (Pb) materials.
Always wear appropriate PPE while on production floor. Be alert and observe, correct, and report unsafe conditions. Follow operating procedures and comply with all regulatory requirements. Assure that appropriate task training has been completed and documented for all equipment, vehicles, and systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly standing for long periods of time, walking, bending (neck & waist), and twisting (neck & waist), and occasionally squatting, climbing, and kneeling. Lifting to 50 lbs throughout the shift, while wear full face respirator and PPE on production floor.
- SAChE® Certificate Program (Preferred)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)