Aqua Metals Industrial Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright will be highly skilled and will troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and upgrade mechanical production equipment and systems throughout the facility. The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright shall be capable of assessing repair strategies, repairing competently, and upgrading equipment through industry standard methods using common hand and power tools. MUST be competent welding TIG, MIG, ARC weld “stick” on all types of metals. The chosen individual will also be competent in installing and testing new equipment of all kinds, including repairing and maintaining older or pre-existing electro-mechanical systems adhering to workmanship at the Journeyman level. The job tasks may require exposure to temperature extremes, wetness/humidity, common industrial hazards of electrical, mechanical, and stored energy in the form of springs or flywheels, compressed gases, and various acids and caustic chemicals. Work will require use of PPE mandated and provided by the company to reduce known hazards.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- MUST be competent welding TIG, MIG, ARC weld “stick” on all types of metals.
- The candidate will be able to perform all the tasks noted in the summary section above at an exceptional craftsmanship like manner with minor supervision.
- Able to work required shift times and hours. Willing to respond to call-in requests. Maintain good attendance, be in the shop, dressed out and ready work at the start of the shift.
- Always work safely using all PPE required for electro-mechanical, chemical, and all known hazardous in the workplace. Use power tools, ladders, mobile equipment, scissor lifts, man lifts, and all other equipment in a consistently safe manner.
- Work well with other trades, able to maintain good working relationships and collaborate with co-workers in every situation. Always be professional in use of language, appearance, attire, and attitude.
- Understand the dangers of all voltages from 24 to 120, 277, 480, and 600-volt AC/DC circuits.
- Understand conversion of inches to metric, decimal conversion tables, drill bit sizing as it relates to tapping, and understand hardware size, metal types correct uses in respect to applications.
- Repair production equipment malfunctions in a timely manner, identifying the root cause so as effect permanent repairs.
- Assist in the design and modification of equipment.
- Utilize various instructions, drawings, facility blueprints, manufacturer cut-sheets, OEM manuals, technical service bulletins, and other professional information in the performance of job duties.
- Calibration, competent adjustment, and preventative maintenance of complex components.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds while ascending and descending.
- Enter work data on work order forms
- Able to work efficiently and productive in a team setting.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Comfortable with computers. Able to research online resources for PDF manuals and technical information.
SKILS, KOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- 4-year apprenticeship with Journeyman Millwright or Master Industrial Mechanic rating, or other significant experience which would supplant the above qualification.
- Prefer some training from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one- year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in addition to above noted experience.
- Advanced understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanics.
- Basic understanding of electrical systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Must be able to pass significant interview involving knowledge and experience.
- Be physically able to climb stairs, ladders, and work at elevated heights. Must be able to identify colors and read/write English well.
- Must be able to find the root cause of issues and think logically about solutions